For the 2nd 6 weeks, we established another attendance record of 95.7%. Great job to everyone. We also experienced fewer children in the office for behavior infractions. That is due to our teachers creating great instruction and structured and positive learning environments where students want to behave and learn.
December is here, and Christmas Break is upon us. We have a lot of activities planned for next month so here is a list of events and Christmas performances in our community.
- Pennies for Patriots - We will begin raising funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. If you would like to donate to our US Troops, please contact the office. You can donate change, cash and checks made out to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Tuesday, December 4
- 3rd Grade (Cunningham, Mills, Meza) to perform at Upshur County Library at 9:00
- 2nd Grade (Branch, Scott, White) to perform at Upshur Manor at 10:00
- 3rd Grade (Broadwell, Vestal, Morris) to perform at Upshur County Library at 12:30
- 3rd Grade (Kiser, Henry) to perform at Bradford House at 1:45
Friday, December 7
- 2nd Grade (Brevard, Barton, Brown, Bill) to perform at Gilmer National Bank at 12:30
- 2nd Grade (Dean, Reneau, Henson) to perform at First National Bank at 1:45
Tuesday, December 11
- Head Start Parent meeting will be at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 18
- The Yam Queen, Paige Linder, will be here to read to our kindergarten students.
- Our 1st Grade Musical will be at 6:30 p.m. in the gym.
Thursday, December 20
- Polar Express Day - All students will have learning centered around the movie, Polar Express. Students may come to school in their school appropriate pajamas and tennis shoes or boots.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade students will have the Slamma Jamma reward for making growth in reading and math.
Friday, December 21Christmas Parties will be at the following times
- 9:10 - 10:10 for grades 1 & 2
- 9:40 - 10:10 for PK
- 10:30 - 11:30 for grades K, 3, 4
Monday, December 24 - Monday, January 7
Christmas Break - Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Tuesday, January 8
Students return back to school for the first day of the 2013 new year.